Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I am so sad...

I've been a smoker for 16 years.  I'm not just addicted to smoking, I actually LOVE it.  Seriously.  If smoking were a person, I would leave my husband for it.  I don't know why I feel like this about it, but I do.  After 16 years though, I've had to end my love affair.

You see, I am having surgery.  Surgeons are funny about smoking.  Something to do with breathing well and anesthesia.  I don't know.  I wasn't really listening when I spoke to the anesthesiologist because I was dreaming of my next encounter with Marlboro Smooth 100's.  All I heard was, "You have to quit prior to surgery".

So now I'm depressed.  After all these years, I'm single again.  MS 100's and I shall never be, cause after all the torture I've been through, I can't stand another heartbreak.  We've parted ways, much like Jack and Rose from Titanic.  I will only see my love in my dreams as an old woman.  I want to yell, "MS come back, come BACK!" in a really raspy voice, but I think it may be overly dramatic.

Now I have to learn to live my life as a single person.  I will miss our long walks together, quietly having coffee together, all those late nights with drinks, traveling with me across country, and how he greeted me each morning with a smile.

I will miss you always, Marlboro Smooth 100's.

Love,
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. :) from the sound of this you def. need to quit smoking! Super glad to hear your quitting though! Now if I wanna make out with you I won't be tonguing a ashtray! Lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! After I'm skinny, you're SO going to want to make out with me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even have a response...

    ReplyDelete
  4. IDJUT!

    ♥ blogger stalker

    ReplyDelete